Sunday, January 08, 2006

Brokeback Mountain - What a Great Movie






Finally, Brokeback Mountain started playing in London this weekend and tonight ( along with a group of friends) I finally got a chance to see it.

Certainly one of the best movie that I have seen in a long time and for sure the best gay movie ever made. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal are just great in the movie and are totally convincing in their roles. Oh ya and they're hot.

Ang Lee directs this movie and does an amazing job. Far cry from that mess that he directed in 2003 - The Hulk - What was that shit about? This is a big change for the Chinese born director.

If you like sweeping vista, then you will love how Lee films Wyoming - just beautiful. Problem is that it is not really Wyoming but instead Alberta Canada doubling as the US state - I'm still not planning to visit.

Brokeback Mountain is a tragedy because these men have found something that many people, of whatever sexual persuasion, never find - true love. And they can't do anything about it.

Where are my cowboy boots.. I think I will dust them off!

(sidebar - thanks to Clay in Toronto, who pointed out that Alberta Canada doubled as Wyoming in this film.)

2 comments:

cad said...

Hey Nunes, did you know that the movie was actually filmed in Alberta passing as Wyoming?! Thought I'd pass it on...
Clay

~N~ said...

thanks for the heads up.. I didn't know that!!