Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ben Cohen: Rugby Ready for Gay Player


English rugby star Ben Cohen, now playing professionally in France, made news late last year when he announced plans for a night in London to honor his gay fans. The event will be held at the Dorchester on May 28.

We sent Cohen, 29, some questions germane to his gay fans and he took time out to answer all of them.

Outsports: How did the idea for a gay fan appreciation night come about?

Ben Cohen: Over the past few years, since we won the World Cup in 2003 really, I have been receiving loads of letters and e-mails from guys. Some of them were very graphic!

At first I didn’t think much of it, but then I thought, well, if these people are taking time to write to me and are asking for more pictures etc. and they come and watch me play, then I need to give them the support they give me. So I just thought I would take notice of what they were asking for and acknowledge the fact that they were there and supporting me. I have also noticed that they seem to be very loyal and support me through the bad times as well as the good.
(
keep reading)

No comments: