Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Craig: "I Am Not Gay, I Never Have Been Gay"

Sen. Larry Craig said he "overreacted and made a poor decision" in pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his June arrest following an incident in a Minneapolis, Minnesota, airport bathroom. A police mug shot of Sen. Larry Craig after he was arrested at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport in June.

Tuesday, in his first public statement on the arrest, the Idaho Republican said he did nothing "inappropriate."

"Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been," said Craig, who has aligned himself with conservative groups who oppose gay rights.

With his wife by his side, Craig said he is the victim of a "witch hunt" conducted by the Idaho Statesman newspaper.

"In pleading guilty, I overreacted in Minneapolis, because of the stress of the Idaho Statesman's investigation and the rumors it has fueled around Idaho," he said. "Again, that overreaction was a mistake, and I apologize for my misjudgment."

He added: "I should not have kept this arrest to myself, and should have told my family and friends about it. I wasn't eager to share this failure, but I should have done so anyway."

A police officer who arrested him June 11 said Craig peered through a crack in a restroom stall door for two minutes and made gestures suggesting to the officer he wanted to engage in "lewd conduct." (Source)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Craig is not gay. He could be one of the 10% of straight men that he gay sex.

Anonymous said...

I'm not gay either dude.I just like having sex with men.Tall short blond brunette cut or uncut.Hot steamy sticky sweaty dripping man on man sex.Whenever,wherever possible.That doesn't make me gay does it?

Anonymous said...

OMG Little Britain covers this whole situation the best.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8cQ3Y4OIhgU

Happy camping guys.
G