Thursday, June 28, 2007

Elizabeth Edwards Supports Gay Marriage

Elizabeth Edwards, wife of US Presidential Democratic candidate, kicked off San Francisco's annual Gay Pride Parade Sunday by declaring her support for legalizing gay marriage. "I don't know why someone else's marriage has anything to do with me," she said.
The former North Carolina senator, with his wife at his side on Leno's couch, said he was unaware of her position on gay marriage and was surprised to learn about it while reading the newspaper.
"It's not the only thing we disagree about... She actually says what she thinks," the John Edwards quipped Monday on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
A lot of people I love and care about feel the same way Elizabeth does," Edwards said. "I'm very strong about ending discrimination against gay and lesbian couples... But I'm not quite where Elizabeth is yet," he added.(Source SF Gate)

No comments: