Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Local News - Missed Opportunity

(click to see Cover page)
What a great news story in the London Free Press today, receiving international coverage, as well it should, about a possible HIV
vaccine developed at University of Western Ontario.

How nice that the editors decided that Diane Haskett running for the
Conservatives in Joe Fontana's seat deserved to be the leading headline.
And a much larger headline, at that! What a rag. I wish I subscribed, so I
could cancel it!!

And just when you thought your MP couldn't get any more homophobic than
Fontana, this comes along!

Oh well, story number 2 (to the free press editors, anyway), trumps that by
a mile!

Thanks for listening to my morning rant!

Chrissy : )
(thanks Chrissy, You are bang on - you go GIRL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Haskett is a full out cunt. End of story. Anyone who supports her should be publically flogged.

2. Dr. Kang was one of my profs. He's a nice guy and I wish him great success. That said, an AIDS vaccine should not be used as further excuse in the gay community to continue being whorish. As a gay man myself, there are many reasons beyond possible disease that I opt not to whore it up and live my life as a stereotype.

Anonymous said...

OMG!

I remember when I was at UWO 5 years ago...they were just filing the patent for this vaccine...they said that if this vaccine goes through....pretty much every Med student at Western will go to school for free.

Go Western!