Sunday, July 16, 2006

Young Turk - Akın Saatçi






























"I was born in England on April 26, 1982 and came to Turkey when I was three years old. Therefore, I am a British Citizen by birth.
After completing primary school, I attended Istek Acibadem High School and then transferred to Yunus Emre High School with an athletics scholarship. I went to Boston University again with an athletics scholarship after graduating from high school in 2001 to improve my English for one year. In 2003 I started my 4 year degree course in Hotel Management at Bosphorus University and I am still continuing. During my time at University, I have attended various additional courses on photography, salsa dancing and Thai boxing.
My professional sports life started at the age of fourteen with rowing at Fenerbahçe Sports Club. Two years after I started, in 1998 I was placed in the National Team. I have been the National Champion eight times and I have 63 gold, 22 silver and 12 bronze medals from National races. I also have 1 gold and 1 silver medal from the World Cup, 1 silver from Balkan Championships, 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals from National Cups.
Since October 2003 I am a registered model with Gaye Sökmen modelling agency."

Akın Saatçi

No comments: