Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Darren Hayes of Savage Garden Weds Boyfriend

AUSTRALIAN singer Darren Hayes has married his male partner of two years in a civil service in the United Kingdom.

In a personal message posted on his official website, the former Savage Garden frontman confirmed he had married his British partner Richard Cullen.
"I very rarely make comments about my private life," the singer said.

"On June 19th, 2006, I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard, in a civil partnership ceremony in London. I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life."

Hayes has been based in the UK for a number of years and earlier this month returned to Australia for a one-off concert at the Sydney Opera House, where he was spotted wearing a wedding ring.

Cullen is believed to have travelled with the singer on that trip.

Hayes was previously married to university sweetheart Colby Taylor.

The couple separated in 1999 after four years of marriage and have remained close friends.

"I'm proud of who I am, and after what felt like an eternity, I'm finally in a place where my heart is secure and content," Hayes said.

"And I can finally make sense of all of the searching."

(Keep reading)

No comments: