Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Prince Harry to Leave Military In June

It's been rumored for months and now it's official: Dashing chopper pilot Prince Harry will leave the British Armed Forces in June after 10 years of full-time military service, including two tours in Afghanistan. 

It was "a really tough decision," said Harry in an "open statement' issued by the Kensington Palace press operation Monday. 

"Inevitably most good things come to an end and I am at a crossroads in my military career," he said. "Luckily for me, I will continue to wear the uniform and mix with fellow servicemen and women for the rest of my life, helping where I can, and making sure the next few Invictus Games are as amazing as the last."

Harry, 30, and soon-to-be fifth in line to the throne, said he will continue what has become his signature patronage role, working on behalf of wounded warriors, for whom he organized the successful Invictus Games last summer.(USAtoday)

No comments: