Friday, May 07, 2010

Barcelona Football Stars Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Gerard Piqué Share a Moment

Barcelona soccer stars Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gerard Piqué were photographed outside the team’s training facilities getting intimate.

In it, we see Ibrahimovic holding hands ever so tenderly with teammate Gerard Piqué while leaning against a car.

The image has caused people to speculate over the nature of their relationship. We should note that Ibrahimovic is married with children, and Piqué has been linked to Bollywood actress Lisa Lazarus. That, however, doesn’t preclude them from being involved with one another. (
source)

4 comments:

Rick said...

Let them speculate. That's a beautiful picture. Why can't a man comfort/console another without being homosexual? That said I think the photo is very erotic. My mind is racing.

Paulo said...

A picture, as a frozen fragment of an action in development can be misleading... This could either be subtitled with "...I love you too man, let's leave everything behind and be happy together." or "I heard about your testicle cancer, I want you to know that I'm your friend and I'll be there for you at all times."
They look soooo hot together, but let's not get paranoid, people!

Will said...

Why would I be paranoid when I see two men sharing an affectionate moment? There needs to be more of that in this world, between gay men, between straight men, between gay and straight men. I think it a very beautiful moment -- men need to be more open and unthreatened in their emotional expression.

iain said...

"but let's not get paranoid, people!" Paulo, what on EARTH do you mean by that comment?
And I agree with the general gist; North American men have a lot of problems with mutual affection between males. Europeans - indeed, much of the rest of the world's population - don't. In fact it's symptomatic of our discomfort - str8 and gay - that we seize on a tender image and immediately begin investing it with a gay narrative. In fact there's something slightly pathetic about our urge to ascribe "hotness" to this image. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean we're "paranoid".