Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Second Gay Bashing In Two Weeks In London, Ontario

On Saturday September 26, Erik Rozenski celebrated his 27th birthday and walking along Central Avenue with his boyfriend (name withheld) when they were targeted by two unidentified males who made homophobic remarks:

“I was walking home with my boyfriend on Central Ave. We were holding hands. We passed two guys who said ‘gross, they’re probably going to fuck each other tonight.’ We just brushed it off, didn’t reply, kept walking, they ran up behind us and punched both me and my boyfriend. My boyfriend managed to get away and get his cell phone out while the other guy hit me and knocked me on the ground, the moment my boyfriend made contact with 911 they took off running. Luckily there was a police officer in the area. They managed to catch the one that hit me, but the other got away. However, the one they caught gave the other guy away and he was eventually captured as well. I got a gash on my head, black eye, broken toe, minor scrapes and bruises."

Michael Kyle Gordon, 22, of Richmond Hill, was apprehended by London police and charged with assault.


THE WEEK before, Brandon Wright was jumped from a moving truck after Alex Myros allegedly began beating Wright and threatening to kill him because he’s gay.

Myros has been on the run from London police, but last Friday he was captured at Ontario’s London International Airport.
Myros faces charges of aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, forcible confinement and two counts of uttering threats to cause death.

No comments: