Thursday, July 24, 2008

CNN Reports on Gays in Iraq

Kamal was just 16 when gunmen snatched him off the streets of Baghdad, stuffed him in the trunk of a car and whisked him away to a house. But the real terror was about to begin.

The men realized he was gay, Kamal said, when he took his shirt off and they saw his chest was shaved.

"They told me to take off my clothes to rape me or they would kill me immediately. This moment was the worst moment in my life," he told CNN, weeping as he spoke of the 2005 ordeal.

"I was watching them taking off their clothes, preparing to rape me. I did not know what to do, so I started shouting loudly, 'Please do not do that! I will ask my family to give you whatever you want." (keep reading)


Watch the tormented life of gays in Iraq » VIDEO

2 comments:

Koba said...

I blogged about this too today. What an incredibly sad story. It really makes me hope there is a god so that the scum who terrorize gay folk get their just deserts in the afterlife.

Anonymous said...

there is no god, and there is no santa either