Thursday, September 20, 2007

Van Hansis (aka Luke Grimaldi) Thanks his Fans

Message from Van Hansis:
Hey all, so I just wanted to write a quick thank you to everyone who has been so incredibly supportive of the Luke/Noah storyline.

The kiss between the two was a hit, as I think everyone involved knew it would be. On youtube the video was the second most watched for the weekend after it aired on CBS. The response Jake as well as the producers and I have gotten has been so overwhelmingly positive. In fact, out of the over one hundred emails and letters I received, only one was negative. So in my mind that says that the pairing has a 99% approval rating. I consider that not bad for something that not too long ago would have been considered 'edgy'.

People from all walks of life are embracing Luke and Noah and want them to be happy. That is pretty awesome. Also, my personal belief is that the hugely positive reaction says a lot about what we stand for as a country. We need to accept each other and embrace differences of all kinds. We need not to label someone who has a different skin color, sexual orientation, social class, or country of origin as 'the other'. The moment people start ostracizing and judging is the moment that we start to fragment, as a community and as an individual. I like to think of people on the whole as good, and accepting of differences. With the reaction I have witnessed to 'the kiss' has affirmed this belief. (more)

No comments: