Monday, July 03, 2006

"Ronaldo was bang out of order" : Steven Gerrard

Kiss of death ... Cristiano Ronaldo is not popular with the England players

ENGLAND midfielder Steven Gerrard has launched a verbal attack on Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo for rushing up to the referee to make sure Wayne Rooney was sent off in their World Cup quarter-final. Rooney stomped on Ricardo Carvalho in the 62nd minute, prompting Ronaldo to sprint towards referee Horatio Elizondo shouting: "Did you see that?"

Gerrard said: "I saw that, and if it was one of my teammates I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that. I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order." Rooney turned and pushed Ronaldo away and Argentinian referee Elizondo instantly produced the red card. Ronaldo then turned and winked at his teammates.

No comments: