Thursday, May 26, 2016

Spanish Water Polo Player & Olympic Hopeful Comes Out As Gay

From Gutierrez magazine:
” I had been thinking about it for quite some time…I’m out of the closet at home. My family knows I’m gay, my friends too. And I’m living so comfortably with my sexuality that I felt a responsibility to come out and share it.”
“Although I’m coming out, I respect those who choose not to. I have never met anyone who has judged me as an athlete for my sexuality. It has always been based on my performance. As a gay athlete, I feel the responsibility to come out because it is very important. There have been more than 70 homophobic attacks in Madrid so far this year, it is a reality that we live. And there are almost no athletes who say they are gay. But in my experience, people have changed; as an athlete, everything I have experienced is absolutely positive.”

No comments: