Sunday, February 28, 2016

Abercrombie & Fitch Is America's Most Hated Retailer

Abercrombie & Fitch Ditching Shirtless Male Models in Favor of New Image
Abercrombie & Fitch is once again finding itself hated.
Once the purveyor of clunky cargo shorts and moose-embossed hoodies, the brand’s declining fortunes took another hit in a new survey that ranked it the most-hated retailer in the U.S. last year, scoring a 65 in a new American Customer Satisfaction Index, which measures people’s happiness with brands.
That’s an inauspicious start for Abercrombie, considering it’s the first year the brand has been included in the survey. Abercrombie declined to comment.
The retailer’s dismal score even surprised ACSI’s director of research, Forrest Morgeson, who told CNNMoney that the firm usually sees low rankings go to mega chains with monopoly power, like Walmart.
“Abercrombie and Fitch is not that; they aren’t that large, and this can spell serious trouble for the company,” he said.(digiday)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget going to their shop at the Georgetown, DC, mall and the guy just sneering at me and treating me with contempt. I'm just an average person, not terribly tall. I don't think that there's anything about me to make a total stranger treat me so badly. I think that's how they're trained to treat people who aren't cool enough to deserve to be one of their customers. Ugh. Just ugh. They deserve to be as hated as Walmart, Koch Industries / Georgie Pacific, and the tobacco companies.