Friday, February 13, 2015

Nashville's Chris Carmack On Playing A Closeted Gay Character

Nashville star Chris Carmack realized the importance of his character Will Lexington while sitting in a Music City honky-tonk.

"I definitely have conversations with people in the real world about this character and what he's going through," the actor tells PEOPLE of playing Lexington, a rising country star who is struggling with his identity as a gay man.

"I've had people come up to me in a bar here in Nashville and say, 'So, what's that like man, having to play the gay guy?' Then I talk to them a little bit about the character and what he's going through. And I've gotten some real flabbergasted responses of people going, 'Wow. I never thought about it that way.' It's humbling to play a role and realize maybe that person came away thinking about things a little different." 

That's the power of Lexington's story, Carmack, 34, says.(keep reading)

No comments: