Monday, December 02, 2013

Tom Daley: I Am Gay

British diving star Tom Daley said he “couldn’t be happier” after revealing he is gay.

British Olympic diver Tom Daley has revealed he is in a gay relationship in an emotional video posted on Youtube this morning.

The Olympic bronze medallist tweeted thanks to his mother for her support, but also revealed some members of his family advised against him going public with the news of his sexuality.

Daley has dated girls but says he entered into the relationship in Spring of this year, something that has turned his life upside down.

He said: 'Come Spring this year, my life changed, massively, when I met someone and they make me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great.

'Well that someone is a guy. And it did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen. But it wasn’t until Spring this year that something just clicked, it felt right. And I was like: OK.

'Like I said, my whole world just changed right there and then. Of course, I still fancy girls, but right now I’m dating a guy and I couldn’t be happier. I feel safe and it just feels right.' (dailymail)

1 comment:

greg said...

You know, just for accuracy's sake, he never actually says that he is gay. Just dating a guy...