Saturday, February 16, 2013

U.S. Soccer Player Robbie Rogers Comes Out

Robbie Rogers, a former midfielder for the United States national team, revealed on his website and via Twitter today that he's gay and is leaving the sport to “discover myself away from football.”

As he wrote: “I have been afraid, afraid to show whom I really was because of fear. Fear that judgement and rejection would hold me back from my dreams and aspirations. Fear that my loved ones would be farthest from me if they knew my secret. Fear that my secret would get in the way of my dreams.”

After hearing about Rogers’ coming out, the head coach of the team, Frank Klopas, said: "Yesterday I thought he was a very good player, and I still think that today. Should Robbie want to return to the game, we would still be open to him being part of the Fire.”(Out)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

olá, orionmen passou aqui , beijos .http://orionmen.blogspot.com