Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New York Rangers' Sean Avery Moonlights at Vogue

What's more surprising: that New York Rangers' left wing Sean Avery, formerly the most-hated man in hockey, sought out an internship at Vogue, or that he survived the experience seemingly unscathed? The diary of a fashion jock.

Avery : Everyone I've told about this dream of mine has been asking me: "Why would a 28-year-old pro hockey player want to be an intern at Vogue?" I guess the answer could be complicated, but to me it's simple: I like clothes.

Always have. What started innocently enough with my first tie-dyed Chip & Pepper shirt at age 12 has evolved over a decade and a half into a closet full of Dries Van Noten, YSL, Dior, and Costume National, to name just a few.

Strange as it may seem, I think women's clothes are especially interesting — there are so many options, and they can tell more of a story.) And somewhere along the way, this love of clothes led me to what's become known as "the bible of fashion."(
keep reading)

No comments: